Found out from my principal yesterday that she would like to expand my job to a full-time position next year. She would like me to stay, but I don’t want to work full-time, so that means I will probably be moving on. Mostly, I feel relieved. I love teaching, but I can feel the possibilities opening up in front of me. To have time, again, for writing and yoga and cooking. To have more time with my son as he goes through high school — I cannot believe my little guy will only be living at home for four more years! To be able to indulge the pull of my heart for travel.
Ah. I feel like I’ll be able to breathe fully again.
I did the Spanish Hokey Pokey with preschoolers this morning, and tonight I found Spanish articles on string theory and quantum physics for a sixth grader. I never know where the day will take me…
I think I have done this one before in a previous incarnation, but the OC Mama tagged me for this one, so why not…
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Okay, here goes…
1. I can wiggle my pinkie toes completely independently from the rest of my toes.
2. The hyphen is my favorite punctuation mark.
3. I am hopeless at fixing my daughter’s hair.
4. Perfectionism is my nemesis.
5. I worry way too much about huge issues that I can, in no way, find solutions for. Such as: the American educational system.
6. Laundry is my other nemesis.
7. I am going to Belize for Christmas!
Not tagging….too lazy, but if you want to do this one, link back and I’ll be sure to read your post!!
Now I have a full-blown cold and I feel like crap. I am unspeakably grumpy right now. And stressed out about a million things. I am going to hibernate until this cold and the cranky mood pass!
My nose is running and my throat hurts.
I have been fully well for approximately ONE WEEK since late September. I CAN’T be getting another cold. D*mn students with their d*mn germs who love to hug me at school. If only they weren’t so cute, I could just say no!
Totally forgot to post yesterday! Oops! It’s probably for the best. When I decided to do NaBloPoMo, I forgot that we are going to be traveling during the last week of November and I probably won’t have computer access anyway. We’re headed to Caracas for Thanksgiving — no, they don’t celebrate Thanksgiving in Caracas, but we are making a quick family visit. Señor Gumbo’s family is in Caracas, but the kids and I haven’t been there in nine years. I’m a little worried since the political situation is unstable, they’re having an energy crisis, the murder rate in Caracas is the highest in the world… but hey! None of that will affect us, right? Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well and we have a great time with the family, drinking Venezuelan rum and eating arepas.