The Awards Just Keep Rolling In…
Even though my blogging has been sparse lately, it seems some people are reading and liking what they see here enough to give me blog awards!
Kiki at the Prosecco Life awarded me the “Lovely Blog” award:
“This award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”
How flattering to be considered among the “exceedingly charming”! As Kiki also wrote, it has been a surprise to me that blogging can bring “friends” — friends I may not have met in person, but who give me encouragement, support, and quite a few laughs along the way.
Charlotte of Charlotte’s Web nominated me for this award and meme. I am not sure what it’s called, but to claim it, I have to list seven personality traits, and then nominate seven others.
After having done so many memes over the years that I’ve been blogging, I’m not sure I have seven personality traits that I haven’t covered elsewhere. But I shall try:
1. I have super-acute hearing which makes it difficult to sit next to fidgety children in movies as I can hear their every fidget.
2. I have never shaken my lifelong need for an afternoon nap.
3. I bite my fingernails, and if I wanted to I could also bite my toenails, thanks to yoga. But I won’t.
4. Would wear jeans every single day if I could get away with it.
5. I have the opposite body dismorphic disorder from anorexics — even when I’m heavy, I see myself as thinner than I really am.
6. I am hopeless at gardening. Everything dies.
7. Dislike “romantic” movies and have been known to laugh inappropriately during a film’s tender moments. Such as most of “Titanic.”
Looking back, I see that those are “random factoids” rather than “personality traits.” Let’s add “does not follow instructions” to my list of characteristics! And I am going to skip the tagging because — if I can be totally honest — I’m really sleepy and too lazy to look up links. Plus, I love ALL of you bloggers who read me, and I don’t want to pick between you!!!