What Happened to my Brain?
My writing brain, in particular! It’s like the well is completely dry, every time I sit down to write something here. So I’m sorry if I have to bore you with posts about my new glasses and such. Maybe I will come up with a theme or a purpose soon. In the meantime, here’s a bulleted list of stuff I’m thinking about these days:
- My son will be thirteen in two weeks. In TWO WEEKS, people, I will be the mother of a teenager. I did NOT see that coming.
- How is it that I went through my entire adult life without realizing that running can actually be fun? Am still training for my triathlon and although I’m not able to run an entire 5K yet, I can do more than I thought I could. And I actually like it. Erase “running” from my list of “things I will never do because I hate them.”
- Food cravings are driving me nuts. I go a few days eating tons of veggies, fruits and nuts and generally being very healthy and then I find myself snarfing fries or cookies or chips. Have no idea what triggers it.
- Am sick of “self-improvement” and worrying about weight, life organization, what I “should” be doing, being “better” at this or that. I am so OVER it! I think I need a t-shirt that says that.
- Must continue to focus on FUN — my mantra for the year. In the spirit of fun, this weekend I pledge to see the Star Trek movie and go to a bluegrass festival. And possibly blow off grocery shopping and laundry once again.